Winchester Las Vegas
Winchester offers a "close to the action" lifestyle as well as having access many of historic places to visit and located in the heart of the Vegas valley.
Just behind The Strip, Winchester Las Vegas is a community of contrasts. The Las Vegas National Golf Club is here. While downtown rejuvenation projects are helping to revitalize the northern stretches of Winchester, Las Vegas, some corners still have work to be done. If you like to be close to all the action and able to have easy access to the strip this is the place to live. Choosing a home here can be hit or miss, so be sure to check out the block you live on before making any down payments.
Things to do in Winchester Las Vegas
These featured things to do will have you entertaining your kids or having a relaxing day playing golf and visiting some historic older areas on the Las Vegas Strip. This is what some of the Winchester area has to offer for you.
These are some of the featured things to do in Winchester Las Vegas:
- Las Vegas National Golf Club – Las Vegas National is an “oasis” style golf course with 1,400 mature trees, white sand bunkers, and hazards abound the course that makes it a tough test for all skill levels. Open approaches and some parallel fairways make National player friendly for the average player.
- Adventuredome Theme Park – The Adventuredome screams for your attention with five acres of indoor fun. Roller coasters, amusing attractions, water ride, arcade games, and more. This is a great place to go for some fun as it is enclosed and air conditioned for the Las Vegas heat.
- North Strip and Boulder Strip – The North Strip offers you more of a cheaper, older, and Freemont like experience. You have the famous Stratosphere and Circus Circus. Boulder Strip, unlike the strip where it’s one casino next to another, the Boulder area is more like stand alone casinos with large parking lots. Just realize that this part of town is more suburban – so many of the casinos cater to locals.
If you are into history, these are great museums to visit in the area!
- Atomic Testing Museum – The National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada, documents the history of nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site in the desert north of Las Vegas
- Liberace Garage – Liberace Garage houses the actual cars Liberace used on stage at the Las Vegas Hilton and Radio City Music Hall. Among many other innovations, Liberace was first to use automobiles in his stage show. Like the costumes he wore, the cars were adorned like no others in history. Their style and use were at the forefront of celebrity conspicuous consumption by Liberace, 60 years ago.
- Marjorie Barrick Museum – The museum was originally instituted as a natural history museum with a focus on the natural history and environment of Nevada and the broader Southwestern United States.